How to add a new website to Google Analytics for the first time
- Create a Google Analytics account by following the provided steps
- You will see the Create account page: add an Account name
- Under Property setup add your Website name
- Select your industry, business size and how do you intend to use GA for your business
- Accept the terms of service
- Choose a platform for collecting data
- Add your website and stream name
- To add the tracking code to your website: add the tracking code to the head section of all the pages of your website: in WordPress, select Appearance – Theme Editor, select Theme Header, and paste the code above the </head> tag. You can also paste it via Insert Headers and Footers plugin
To verify if the code is working, go to your website and then check Realtime in Google Analytics.
How to add a new website (property) to an existing Google Analytics account
- Log in to your Google Analytics account
- Click on the Admin button in the bottom left corner
- Click on the Create Account button
- Repeat the above steps 2 through 7
Google Analytics is an incredibly useful marketing tool you should definitely take advantage of. Hopefully, this article has shown you that using it is not as complicated as it seems. With a bit of practice, you will quickly become a Google Analytics expert!