How to set up conversion action in Google Ads
First, we need to create a conversion action within the Google Ads interface.
Here’s our visual step-by-step guide:
- Click on Goals in the left sidebar
- Click on Conversions → Summary
- Click on New conversion action
- Select Website to track actions on your website and then scroll down and click on Add a conversion action manually
- Select Purchase from a dropdown menu next to Goal and action optimization
- Fill out Conversion name field however you want
- Select Use different values for each conversion and leave the default value as is
- Select to count Every conversion per click or interaction and then click Save and continue
- Click on Use Google Tag Manager and copy Conversion ID (ex.10928030233) and Conversion label (ex. J2geCPDYiYEZEJmE8too) in Notepad
Pixel Manager for WooCommerce
First, you need to install the plugin Pixel Manager for WooCommerce and then:
- Go to WooCommerce → Pixel Manager
- Inside the Google Ads Conversion ID field paste the previously copied Conversion ID
- Inside the Google Ads Purchase Conversion Label field paste the previously copied Conversion label value
- Click on Save Changes
Order total logic
Using the Pixel Manager, you can choose between two types of values:
- Order subtotal – does not include tax, shipping, and card payment fees (PayPal, etc.)
- Order total – includes tax, shipping, and extra fees
You can configure this by clicking Advanced → Shop.
That’s it, this is the simplest way you can track dynamic conversion values within WooCommerce and calculate the ROAS/ROI of your campaign.
If you need help with the implementation of conversion tracking for your WordPress website, contact us – we will be happy to help you.